Having switched to SVN recently, I found out that although SVN uses the same keywords as CVS, this feature is not turned on by default!
To turn it on via TortoiseSVN, do the following.
- In Windows Explorer, select the root folder of your source files (you need to do this as the setting is not global).
- Right click and select "TortoiseSVN" > "Properties".
- In the pop-up dialog, click on the "New..." button.
- In the field "Property name:", select "svn:keywords" from the drop-down list.
- In the field "Property value:", type "URL Date Revision Author".
- Check the box "Apply property recursively".
- Click "OK" twice.
- You're done!