As such, I suddenly find myself having quite a fair bit of time to kill... Two hours a day, ten hours a week, forty hours a month! *Gasp!* That's equivalent to one entire work week! It will be a real waste if I can't find anything productive or interesting to do. So here, I have come up with the top ten things I can do during the journey that is free or cost little (yeah I'm cheap) and don't require me to carry additional barang barang (yeah I'm lazy too!).
- Listening to my MP3 collection using the stock HTC Touchflo 3D music player on my Touch Diamond;
- Reading ebooks using Adobe Reader on my Touch Diamond; (still hunting for a better one, may try Mobipocket ebook Reader; winner of Smartphone & Pocket PC Magazine's "Best Software Awards 2008" in the ebook reader category. Currently also trying this interesting approach to book reading - via RSS)
- Catching up on news/blogs/discussions using RSS Hub (based on NewsBreak) on my Touch Diamond;
- Training my left brain by playing SPB Brain Evolution (review) on my Touch Diamond; (may give Brain School a spin after this)
- Reviewing my daily calendar and todo list using Pocket Informant (review) on my Touch Diamond;
- Training my hand eye coordination by playing Teeter on my Touch Diamond;
- Learning a new foreign language using MobiLearn Talking Phrasebooks on my Touch Diamond;
- Watching interesting YouTube videos using youtubeplay (remember to download the video first or it can get pretty expensive using 3G data connection!); [edit: you can now easily grab the videos automatically via RSS and RSSHandler! More info here.]
- Texting friends to catch up using the stock SMS application on my Touch Diamond;
- Taking pictures/videos of inconsiderate/weird/interesting people on the train using the camera on my Touch Diamond (remember to turn off the camera snapping sound first!) and sending them to STOMP!
Another observation: ten out of the ten activities involve using my Touch Diamond! I never thought I will say this but... I love my Diamond!