Monday, April 7, 2008

Joel starts school in PCF Kampong Chai Chee

Today marked the fifth day of school (K1) for Joel. Had the rare chance of walking him out to take the school bus and even managed to snap some shots of him in his smart uniform in between.

For the whole of last week, I was really worried that he will not be able to adapt to life in an institution again after having stopped childcare for the last three months and spending all that time at home where he ruled (together with his younger siblings) over my parents and wife.

Luckily, he is taking all these changes (including getting on the school bus which I though would be another challenge) in his stride. He gave me no problems what-so-ever boarding the bus today (no coxing and promise of treats needed which is unusual!) and every night just before dinner or bed time, we will talk about what he did in school that day and he just springs to life yakking away with so much energy and enthusiasm.

I guess its time I leave behind the notion that he is this timid little child that needs alot of care, attention and worrying over. Ok, not all the time but at least this is a good start!

Oh, and yes, I think its time to bring him for a haircut!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: