- Power consumption of the Aztech HomePlugAV HL109E is 4.5W (based on paper specs)
- Running it all month will give consume 3.285kWh (4.5W x 730hr /1000)
- At the current electricity price of $0.1803/kWh, monthly electricity bill will increase by $0.59
- Over the course of a year, I will need to spend $7 to maintain 1 point.
- Assuming I have 6 points in my house, that will be $42 a year!
However, compare this with a 8 port LAN switch such as the Netgear GS108 whose paper specs say a maximum power consumption of 4.92W which works out to be just $7.70 a year for eight devices!
Hmm.. Looks like I will still be insisting that a wired Ethernet network infrastructure be one of the key requirements in my next house!